Jozini Tiger Fishing
Boat Safety on
Dam is not to be under estimated! When the wind
swell on Jozini can reach 2 meters, dangerous conditions for even deep
sea fishing boats. You don't want to end up in the water with your boat
upside down in the Jozini Dam because of the healthy crocodile and
hippo populations, and if you do get to the shore safely, you will have
to contend with buffalo, rhino and elephants.
- When tiger fishing Jozini, the first factor you have
take into consideration at the beginning of the day is the wind.
Which direction is the wind blowing from, and what
is the wind
going to be doing throughout the day? Plan your day so that
always go upwind in the morning and return with the wind.
- If the wind does change unexpectedly, you might have
an alternative launch site. There are launch sites at both
the Jozini Dam if you need to run for safely. Always carry
fuel on the boat.
- Always have a bailing bucket and paddles on
- When tiger fishing Jozini Dam, one spends time in the
weeds. Be careful of powering up your boat motors when there is weed
around the props. This can easily break the rubber insert in
prop and result in a spun propellor which is useless.
- Be on the lookout for hippos and crocodiles
Dam, there are many. A collision with a hippo can result in capsizing
your boat in a pod of hippos.
- Keep a lookout for poacher's gill nets in Jozini Dam.
with weights attached can destroy your boat's props.
- Beware of submerged trees and
rocks in the
shallows that will pierce thin boat hulls.
- Always have a cell phone on the boat.
- When on the shore near the launch sites and camping
sites, be careful of crocodiles and other wild animals
through the camping
sites at Jozini Dam.